Date(s) - 09/18/2021
Non-Fiction That Rocks the World!
September 18th, 2021 — Non-Fiction Day Online Conference
Registration Opens July 17, 2021, 9:00 AM
- Cost for SCBWI Members: $25.00
- Cost for Nonmembers: $50.00
**Payment can be made online during registration with a major credit card or sent by check to SCBWI Iowa, 6732 Northview Drive, Urbandale, IA 50322**
Critiques are assigned as first-come-first-served basis and are $50.00 per critique.
- Megan Abbate (Assistant Editor at Roaring Brook Press): 10 critiques
- Lisa Amstutz (Agent at Storm Literary): 10 critiques
- Katie Heit (Editor at Scholastic): 10 critiques
- Katherine House (Author): 10 Research Consultations
- Rita Lorraine (Author): 10 critiques
Submit the first 10 pages and a synopsis in standard manuscript format or full picture book manuscript (double-spaced; 12 point Times New Roman or Arial font) to email@example.com by 5:00 PM Friday, August 6, 5:00 PM. Late submissions will be charged, but not critiqued. Your subject line should include the title of your manuscript by your first and last name. Example: Eileen Boggess, The Best Novel Ever Written.
Tentative Zoom Schedule (Central Time)
8:15 AM – Welcome
8:30-9:45 AM – Writing STEM in Nonfiction by Lisa Amstutz
10:00-11:00 AM – Successful Approaches to Nonfiction by Megan Abbate
11:15 AM-12:30 PM – Finding Unsung Heroes and Plotting Them in Picture Books by Rita Lorraine
1:00-2:15 PM – Topic TBD by Katie Heit
2:30-3:45 PM – Beyond the Basics: Doing In-Depth Research by Katherine House