Thanks for stopping by!
Writing can seem like an individual sport, but it truly takes a team. Our region offers state-wide conferences and local events that feature lessons on craft; industry advice; and connections to great agents, art directors, editors, and authors. Most importantly, you’ll have the opportunity to (Read More)Read More
We are now the Iowa/Minnesota Region! Check out our list of 2021 Updates & News Here
Critiques Galore! Critiques, critiques, and MORE critiques! If you have a story that's ready to publish, get it critiqued by a professional. Agents and editors from all of the children's book industry will be there to help. More information to come! Friday, January 1st, 2021 @ 5pm CST Cost: $50/critique REGISTRATION - SOLD OUT!
- Jessica Anderson, Associate Editor at Christy Ottaviano Books, an imprint of Macmillan
- Kirk Benshoff, Art Director First Second Books
- Luana Horry, Editor at HarperCollins Publishers
- Aneeka Kalia, Editor at Viking Children’s Books (Penguin Random House)
- Joe Hox, Illustrator
- Jenny Moyer, Author
- Bao Phi, Author
- Melissa Richeson, Agent at Storm Literary Agency
- Kristen Schroeder, Author
- September 18th: Non-Fiction Day Online
- October 22-24, 2021: Fall Retreat at Prairiewoods in Hiawatha
- April 1-3, 2022: Marvelous Midwest in Davenport, IA